SKIN CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
Did you know that May is skin cancer awareness month? Skin cancer is the most common cancer, however is also one of the most preventable forms of cancer. By raising awareness of the dangers of unprotected exposure and encouraging sun-safe habits, we can change behaviors and save lives.
Read our full list of skin cancer prevention tips and share them with your family and friends.
- Seek the shade, especially between 10 AM and 4 PM
- Do not burn
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses
- Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher everyday
- Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside
- Keep newborns out of the sun
- Examine your skin head-to-toe every month
- Saahtain Foods