Traveling is an activity that is loved by all. You travel to exotic places in search of an adventure, to break free from the monotonous cycle of working at a 9-5 job. Or if you are a student, traveling seems more inviting to you because you get to rediscover yourself. Traveling introduces you to new cultures and helps you better understand how different people live in diverse environments. You are made aware of different cuisines, and exotic flavors are welcomed because of the excitement they offer to your taste buds.
Traveling to certain places may also seem like a calling to some. Some may decide that it is time to explore what lies within them. Or some may feel that it is time to look beyond constructed horizons and change perspectives to see far more than is visible to the unaware eye. For some, it could also be a calling to connect with nature and for once, lose themselves in the open rather than in front of a computer screen. Some people may also travel because of a long break they have in store for them due to the arrival of a special occasion.
Traveling back home is not an issue because your family awaits your arrival and prepares rich, decadent food for you. The food prepared uses nothing but #Halal ingredients and is wholesome by nature. But maybe you decide to visit new places instead of going back home. Or something comes up at work and you have new commitments in place, for which you have to travel to foreign countries. And although that thought may seem saddening, it is something you can’t escape from.
Whatever your reason for travel may be, one thing is for sure – traveling is meant to be fun, exciting and stress-free. This means that you shouldn’t have to worry about a thing, be it accommodation, modes of transport and so on, because all of this is pre-planned. You plan your travel routes, dates of travel, hotel-stay – basically all the works in advance.
Unfortunately, there is something that you don’t get to plan in advance – food. Food is a commodity which you believe will be taken care of as and when the need for it arises. But if you belong to the Muslim majority, you may be well aware of some of the concerns that come with traveling to foreign places.
One of the major concerns is searching for #Halal food. Finding #Halal food in foreign countries may seem like searching for a needle in a haystack, especially if you’re travelling to countries that are unfamiliar with the word #Halal. And even if you do find #Halal food, chances are that the food doesn’t taste like home. You are left feeling unfulfilled and unsatisfied. Because after all, nothing can beat the taste of home, right?
Every problem comes with a solution, and in this case, there definitely is a solution. We at #AlGourmet identify the lack of ease in availability of #Halal food that tastes like home. And so, we come up with traditional recipes that will not only help you meet your religious obligations, but also satisfy your taste buds.
A few other tips you could keep in mind for eating #Halal on the go are-
- Do your research. Prior to traveling, search for #Halal food restaurants in the country you plan to travel to. This way, you know exactly where to go when hunger strikes.
- Try looking for accommodation that provides you with a kitchenette. That way, you can cook your own meals and be assured that the food you are eating is 100% #Halal.
- If you are unsure about cooking with meat, try finding vegan ingredients, eggs, fruits and vegetables to cook with at farmer’s markets. This way, you can be certain that the ingredients are not only fresh, but also organic and #Halal. Also, clean utensils before cooking, in case the utensils may have come into contact with non-#halal food.
- In case cooking seems like a daunting task and eating out is your only option, try going to restaurants which serve vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free foods. Also request them to not use pork or alcoholic products. Of course, this seems a bit dicey and should be used only as your last resort.
- Or better yet, pack your suitcase with a variety of dishes from the #AlGourmet range, which is made with 100% #Halal , #natural , #wholesome ingredients. We assure you that there is no compromise in taste.
So, what are you waiting for? Book your tickets to your favorite destination without any hesitation! Happy traveling, and most importantly – Happy Eating!
- Saahtain Foods